One of the first things people start to question upon starting a new diet is, “can I still eat_____?” fill in the blank. Pizza is often times one of those foods people dread to give up. Ooey, Gooey, cheesy and full of unlimited potential as far as toppings go. It truly is Americas favorite food.
One of my favorite versions is BBQ Chicken Pizza. Its a bit different, not utilizing that classic marinara pizza sauce. But when you have that pizza craving and you want to shake things up, this one is for you!
Serves 2-4 depending on appetite. At 2 servings crust is 2 carbs. At 4 servings crust is 1 carb.
1 lb. ground chicken
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, the stuff in the green can
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup BBQ sauce, I highly recommend trying my Secret Ingredient Sauce! https://lavishlylowcarb.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/secret-ingredient-bbq-sauce/
1/4 cup sliced red onions
1/2 cup shredded chicken, I use a rotisserie chicken
1 cup mixture of mozzarella and cheddar or your favorite cheese blend
- preheat over to 400′ and line a pizza pan with either aluminum foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper
- Add chicken, cheese, almond flour and garlic powder to a mixing bowl and mix well. Mixture is very sticky. It can be helpful to oil or spray hands with cooking spray
- Transfer chicken mixture to pizza pan and smooth out evenly to edges of the pan.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Remove pizza after 20 mins and add BBQ sauce and toppings.
- Return pizza to oven and cook for 10-15 mins or until toppings are warm and cheese is melted.