Few things speak to my heart quite like this casserole. I love many, many a casserole, but this is the first one that I put together and the most requested one by the Hunny. If you’re looking for a rich and decadent dinner, full of cheesy shrimp goodness, this one is for you! Don’t shy on the pork rind topping either, I can promise you, non-low carbers will never know it isn’t bread crumbs, ssshh…
5 carbs per serving
1 lb of medium shrimp peeled and deveined
1 pkg of steamable Brussel sprouts
4oz of diced bacon or pancetta
8oz cream cheese
5oz Colby jack cheese, grated
1 tbs butter
1 tbs minced garlic
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
2/3 cup crushed pork rind “bread crumbs”
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375′. Microwave the steamable Brussel sprouts until just cooked through. About 5mins to 6mins.
- In a large frying pan, fry bacon or pancetta until brown and crispy. Remove from pan and save for later.
- To oil in pan, add 1 tbs butter, the garlic and the shrimp. Cook shrimp until just pink and remove from the pan.
- Add the cream cheese and work the cream cheese around the pan to melt.
- Add heavy cream and the smoked paprika and Old Bay. Sauce should be thick.
- Add shrimp, bacon and the cooked brussel sprouts to the pan and stir to coat in the sauce.
- Add mixture to a greased 9×13 pan.
- Top shrimp and Brussel sprout mixture with grated Colby jack cheese and then sprinkle the pork rind “bread crumbs” on top.
- Bake for 20 mins until bubbly.
- Broil topping for 5 mins until cheese is melted and the crumb topping is golden brown.