Its Friday, and Friday typically means PIZZA in this house! Having grown up in Chicago, pizza is some serious business! We ordered from our favorite pizza joint at least once a week. Everyone in Chicago knows the “best” place to find a slice too!
When I moved to Wisconsin I quickly learned pizza was something entirely different here! They put ANYTHING on a pizza! I was accustomed to pepperoni and sausage, a few veggies… but these people, they were turning beloved sandwiches into pizzas! BLT Pizza, Philly Cheesesteak Pizza… I’ve even seen bratwurst and cheese curds on pizza! Madness! DELICIOUS MADNESS….
When I got the craving for this pizza the other night, it was instantly clear that it would be perfect on my favorite low carb pizza crust, chicken pizza crust. In fact, the idea of adding that subtle chicken flavor sounded even better than a plain old dough crust!
This pizza doesn’t utilize the normal tomato based sauce, instead a creamy and delicious Caesar dressing is in order! You can use any bottled dressing but I HIGHLY recommend you try my homemade, Caesar Dressing! It is the perfect tangy compliment to this rich and cool pizza!
serves 4, 2 slices each at 1 carb for crust, approx. 1.5 additional carbs for toppings per serving.
1 lb. ground chicken
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, the stuff in the green can
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
6 slices of diced cooked bacon
1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup Caesar Dressing, plus 2 tablespoons for drizzling on top
2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 Roma tomato diced
- Preheat oven to 400′ and line a pizza pan with either aluminum foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper
- Add chicken, cheese, almond flour and garlic powder to a mixing bowl and mix well. Mixture is very sticky. It can be helpful to oil or spray hands with cooking spray
- Transfer chicken mixture to pizza pan and smooth out evenly to edges of the pan.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Remove pizza after 20 mins and add 1/2 cup of Caesar Dressing to the crust and top with 2/3 of the cooked bacon and the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 mins or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown
- Remove from oven and top with chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, reserved bacon and drizzle with additional Caesar dressing! Serve immediately