One of the hardest items for me to give up when I decided to live a low carb, ketogenic lifestyle, was bread. I adore bread of all kinds! Once I had gotten my mitts on a loaf, there was little chance of it making it through the night… I was a true carb-a-holic!
There are roughly 243 carbs in a standard loaf of French bread! 243… let that sink in… Walmart’s French loaf comes in at 49 carbs per serving! Its no wonder we all want to take a nap after a big meal of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread or French bread served on the side! Carb coma!
While this bread is not French bread, it is definitely hearty enough to serve the purpose of sopping up some marinara or even using as a sandwich bread. At 1 carb per serving, you most certainly don’t need to feel any guilt over eating a slice or two!
Servings: 12, 1 net carb per serving
1 1/2 cups Golden Flaxseed Meal
1/2 cup blanched fine almond flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Additional seasonings for topping, sprinkling (optional, but encouraged); dried rosemary, onion powder and garlic salt
3 eggs beaten
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat over to 350′ and line a small baking sheet (roughly 13.5 x10) with parchment paper or aluminum foil and cooking spray.
- Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until there are no large lumps
- Mix all wet ingredients in a small bowl
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir well.
- Spread mixture onto baking sheet as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle top with dried rosemary, onion powder and garlic salt if desired
- Bake for 20 mins until a light golden brown
- Let cool slightly before cutting