There is no hiding that I am a chocoholic! I adore chocolate and I don’t think a “bad” chocolate exists, except for white chocolate… it’s not even technically chocolate, people, so that doesn’t count! This pudding is the ultimate chocolate treat! Its is perfect, for men, women and children, however it is, as its name suggests, your best friend in combatting pms! Whip up a batch of this, throw on some comfy pajamas and your favorite Netflix show and feel your troubles melt away!
And now to the ingredients! Thank the gods above that chocolate is naturally relatively low in carbs and high in fat. The higher the percentage of chocolate the less sugar content and more fiber it contains. I can handle up to a 90% Dark, which is what this recipe utilizes, as it is 1.5 net carbs for 1 squares or 1/4 ounce. You can use a lower percentage such as 85%, just know the carb count will be slightly higher.
And now the magic… avocado! You may be turning your nose up, thinking there is no freaking way this can work… but it DOES! Once whipped with the chocolate, cocoa powder and coconut milk,v it becomes this rich and velvety texture!
The last ingredient to this pudding is full fat coconut milk! You MUST place the can in the fridge, upside down, for at least 2 hours. This gives the coconut milk time to separate. You want the coconut water on top and cream on the bottom of the can. Once you open the can, pout the clear coconut water into a small container and set aside, you will only use 2 tbs of it.
This pudding could easily serve two… if you’re feeling generous… I like to make mine in my ninja smoothie attachment, similar to a magic bullet, but any blender or food processor will work. Enjoy!
Serves 2, 5 net carbs, 23 grams fat, 4 grams protien
1 square of 90% dark chocolate
1 Can of Full Fat coconut milk
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 avocado, approximately 1 cup worth
2 tbs cocoa powder
1 tbs liquid stevia (I use Great Value brand liquid stevia, you may need to adjust for your particular sweetener)
- Chill coconut milk upside down in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, the water and cream will separate.
- Open coconut milk and reserve 2 tbs of the water and 2 tbs of the cream.
- In a small bowl, add the chocolate square and 2 tbs coconut water and microwave for 20 seconds to melt the chocolate.
- Add melted chocolate to mixer
- Add avocado, almond milk, 2 tbs of coconut cream, 2 heaping tbs cocoa powder, and sweetener to the mixer.
- Blend mixture for about a minute, stir and blend again until thoroughly mixed.
- Top with sliced almonds and grated chocolate if desired. This can be served immediately or will save for up to 24 hours in the fridge. If refrigerating, wait to add toppings and stir well before serving.