Meatloaf is my number one all time favorite comfort food! It brings me directly back to my childhood, sitting on the kitchen counter and watching my dad make this delicious meaty loaf! I have quite a few “favorite” meatloaf recipes, this one is a twist on an Italian sausage and peppers! This meatloaf is sure to please the whole family and my even turn nay sayers into meatloaf believers!
Per serving, 3 net carbs, 20 grams of fat, 21.4 grams of protein, 252 calories
2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
1 pound bulk Italian Sausage, I use mild.
1 TBS olive oil
1 cup diced green pepper
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1 clove of garlic minced
1/3 cup golden flax seed meal or 1/2 cup pork rind bread crumbs
3 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1 TBS dried basil
3 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup sugar free ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375′
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil, green peppers, onions and garlic. Sautee until onions are translucent and the peppers are soft. Let cool slightly.
- In mixing bowl, add meat, eggs, flax meal and seasonings. Once the onions and peppers are cool enough add those to the mix.
- Work the meatloaf well with your hands, making sure all ingredients are incorporated well.
- Place meat into a 9×13 cake pan and shape into meatloaf
- Place meatloaf uncovered, into the oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, remove meatloaf and glaze the top with sugar free ketchup
- Return the meatloaf to the oven for another 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once meatloaf is done, allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing